1. If you are new one to this, please, refer to this article 1. How to deposit a coin/token.
2. Let's take as example WAVES/BTC trading pair.
Find it in BTC market. Use search string for this as shown below:
1. BTC market. Also you can find ETH, USDT and other markets next to BTC.
2. Search string is for searching currency. In this case we typed "WAVES"
3. Just click on this string and you will get WAVES/BTC market.
Now you are ready to BUY WAVES using your BTC.
2. Let's take a look at BUY order dashboard which is on the main page:
Balance - Your available balance in BTC. It's clickable. After clicking it appears in TOTAL field.
PRICE - shows lowest price per 24 hours by default. But you can set desired one.
Notice. How to choose proper price.
If you want to BUY immediately, look at SELL order book. Choose one of orders there and hit on it, then press BUY. But be careful, chosen price can be not the price you expect.
You should check it twice before buying.
AMOUNT - exact amount of WAVES which you will get for your BTC without trading fee.
TOTAL - total amount in BTC. This amount will be used for buying waves amount.
All of these fields you can change manually.
When you are ready to proceed, click BUY button and your order will appear in order book or will be executed immediately. But first, look at point 3 here.
3. Ordering confirmation.
What does it mean?
When it enabled, each time you want to create an order you will be asking for confirmation. It looks like this one:
(If its annoying you, you can disable it in properties - https://tidex.com/exchange/orders/open-orders)
YES - you confirm order creating
NO - you cancel order creating.
When "YES" was chosen, you will see information popup window in the right bottom corner of the screen:
If your orders wasn't executed immediately, it will be added to according orderbook. If other people have orders with the same price as you, they will be merged in one at orderbook.
Also you will be able to see list of your open orders(https://tidex.com/exchange/orders/open-orders):
Your open orders list - https://tidex.com/exchange/orders/open-orders
Your trade history - https://tidex.com/exchange/orders/trade-history
4. Trading fee.
0.1% will be taken once your order will be completed fully or partly.
What does it mean?
It means, once your BUY order for 1,66012546 WAVES will be completed, you will get 1,658465 WAVES.
How do orders work?
There are two persons, who want: 1) To BUY WAVES for 0.00062098 BTC and 2) To SELL WAVES for 0.00062098 BTC.
When the price will be equal from both sides: BUYers and SELLers, order will be partly or fully completed.
Orders can be as fully completed as partly completed.
What does it mean?
1. When your order is fully completed - Means you want to BUY 40.0294 WAVES and someone have this amount and decided to SELL all of it 40.0294 to you. When prices will be equal from both sides, your order will be executed. Your order will disappear from order book, from your open orders tab https://tidex.com/exchange/orders/open-orders and coins will appear on your balance.
2. When your order is partly completed - Means you want to BUY 40.0294 WAVES and persons from SELL side don't have all the amount 40.0294 in one hands. Each of SELL-side person has 5 WAVES, 10 WAVES and so on.
When prices will be equal from both sides, your order will be decreasing on the amount from SELLers side(in our example: decrease on 5 WAVES, 10 WAVES and so on).
Pay attention on the following:
If your order is hanging, it means that nobody ready to close it with your price. In this case you should cancel your current order and create a new one with the price which should be close to market price. As example you can choose one of orders from orderbook by clicking on it.
If you have any suggestions which can improve this instruction, please, feel free to contact us.